Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Back to Reality

Last week we left on Father's Day to go to Breckenridge, Colorado for a few days.  It has been miserable here for the past few months.  We were sick of the 100 degree days with the 50 mph wind and watching the dirt blow.  Justin flew us to Denver which only took us 2 hours by the way, which was awesome and then rented a car and drove to Breckenridge.  We came home Wednesday night and then it was back to not just 100 degree days but 109 degree days! Ugh! Oh well the vacation was nice while it lasted.
Justin's first Father's Day!  

This is the cabin we stayed at.  It was so beautiful.

We woke up Monday morning to see SNOW!  They got 4-6 inches that day.  It was just incredible.

My screaming child that looks adorable.  I had set her in her little bouncer (key word set) while I was getting ready and then when I looked over to see why she was crying she somehow had worked her way up to standing in her bouncer!  I just kinda found that impressive.  But it looks like we are getting closer to having to strap her into things now.

My sweet little owl.



Jaycee with her little bear we got her.  She pretty much wore her owl hat everyday.  I was just so excited it was cold enough there to let her wear it!

Gorgeous mountains on our way to Leadville.  Leadville isn't very far away from Breckenridge and they have an airport there but it is the highest airport in North America so we wanted to check it out in case we ever come back and want to fly in there.

I love these two!  We pretty much just hung out and relaxed the entire time we were there.  It was so nice.  

Water! And green!  I doubt anyone from around here know what those are but they do exist, I have proof!  It was so nice to see everything so green and water running everywhere.  I usually hate the mountains and are ready to come home but not this time.  I was sad to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment