Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Jaycee!

I cannot believe that Jaycee is already 1 month old!  Yesterday was her 1 month birthday.  She partied pretty hard can't you tell.

Yesterday Jaycee got to go feed the cows and ride in the truck for the first time.  Then our day consisted of getting BBQ since it was thursday, visiting our Aunt Kalee and getting this super cute tooth pillow that her mom made Jaycee for when she starts losing teeth to put under her pillow for the tooth fairy.  Allow I really don't want to even think about her getting that old, it is the cutest thing I've ever seen.  I'll have to take a picture of it and put it up.


So for the past month Jaycee has basically just slept and ate, but as the month went on she now stays awake just a little bit longer during the afternoon and she is playing with/watching her toys that dangle.  She still loves to sit in her bouncer and she has began to not mind her swing quite so bad.  She is beginning to take her pacifier just a little better which still isn't very good.  We made the mistake of not giving it to her til she was almost 2 weeks old because we didn't want her to be one of those kids that are 3 and still sucking on a pacifier, but then we decided she needed it because she was overeating and to get rid of the hiccups.  Well now we fight it everytime we need to take the pacifier and it just takes forever so maybe we'll get better at that.  Last night I did discover that if you put socks on her hands she will suck on the pacifier much better and way longer because the little stinker can't reach up there and block her mouth or reach up and pull it out.  (She doesn't normally wear socks on her hands, just last night her little hands were cold so I put them on her)  

Well we survived one month so I guess since I can't stop her from growing up I'm ready to see what the next one brings and how much she grows and changes!

This is a little old and out of order but Monday she was 4 weeks and we had to document that.

Now I know nobody really cares about anything but Jaycee, but I just had to take a picture of our beautiful no-till cotton.  This is the first cotton crop we have ever had and as of right now I think it just looks wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment